During this season of giving, I would like to say thank you to our donors, members, and volunteers. Your generous donations of time, talent, and treasure supports the various programs that we offer at both Historic White Pine Village and the Port of Ludington Maritime Museum.
Thanks to your continual and generous support we were able to host the 1st Annual Pioneer Christmas this past Saturday. This event merged the past and the present traditions that we all cherish and spread “Christmas Joy” to almost 800 people.
Visitors to the Village were able to partake in many
festive activities such as:
• Writing letters to Santa & the Story of the Christmas Tree by Myrtle Grouver in the Marchido School House
• Reading of ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas by Mr. Burns in the Burns Family Farmhouse
• Make & Take crafts in the Artisan Center
• 16th Century Carolers performing in the Caswell Courthouse
• Reading of the birth of Christ and caroling in the White Pine Chapel
• Festive Pomanders craft in the Trapper’s Cabin
• Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus in the Cole’s General Store
• Cookies, milk, hot cocoa, & coffee in the Pere Marquette Town Hall
• Fellowship Fires for warming up throughout the Village
Thank you for supporting the Mason County Historical Society. Thanks to your generosity we are able to provide educational programming opportunities such as Pioneer Christmas! We are grateful for your generosity, trust, and most importantly your commitment to our mission.
Mason County Historical Society
• This is awesome! The true meaning of Christmastime!
• It was wonderful! I loved just walking around among all the lights and the fire pits – the little street organ playing. The caroling and all the authentic historical touches, like the wild, imperfect Christmas trees, roaring fires, Victorian decorations, clove ornaments …
• Great night. Looking forward to next years Christmas at White Pine Village.
• Had a great night with our family there,thanks to everyone that made this possible. Looking forward to next year and Merry Christmas!
• It was magical! Thank you to all those that made it such a fun night.