Thank-you to everyone who participated in last year’s Adopt-a-Building program! This program helps with the upkeep of our 30 exhibit buildings.
For the first time in the last 20 year history of the Adopt-a-Building program; we are asking for a donation of $750.00 per building. We are asking for this increase in order to keep those historical buildings in good repair and provide visitors with a well preserved, educational and historically accurate taste of life lived during the pioneer era!
Here is a short list of accomplishments from last year:
- The newly created exhibit of the children’s bedrooms in the Burn’s Farmhouse
- A newly designed Native American Exhibit in the Caswell Courthouse
- New exterior paint and a reconstructed front porch on the Caswell Courthouse
- New signage and a new front porch on the Pere Marquette Town Hall
- Rebuilt steps to the White Pine Chapel
- New exterior paint and renovated exhibits in the Post Office
- Completely renovated restroom facilities on the grounds and in the admission office
- New long-lasting steel roofs on the schoolhouse and Research Library.
At this time, we do not receive tax based support. Museum admissions and gift shop sales account for only 45% of our budget at the Village. The remainder needed to cover operating costs comes from generous supporters such as yourself; by supporting Adopt-a-Building, Business Partners, becoming Members, supporting special events, and our Annual Fund drive.
Buildings in need of adoption this year include:
- The Artisan Center
- The Sugar Shack
- Hamlin Cabin
- Marchido One-Room Schoolhouse
- Car Museum & Sports Hall of Fame Max K. Rahn Building
- Military Museum
- Lumber Camp Buildings (North & South)
- Siddon Print Shop
- Quevillon Trapper’s Cabin
Supporters of this program are recognized by signage in front of their adopted building that stays up for the season. If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact us at 231-843-4808 or firstname.lastname@example.org